Friday, September 21, 2012

Cortney's Quiet Book

Today's quiet book is from Cortney from Crafting With Heart. It's the first ABC quiet book we've had on the Quiet Book Blog, and it's adorable! I love all the hand-stitching, and I love that she includes actual pictures within the quiet book.




 Interview

What's your name? Describe yourself in one sentence.
Hi! I'm Cortney with Crafting With Heart. I'm a full time student, full time employee, full time wife, and full time crafter and I love every second of it! 

Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they?
This quiet book was made for my baby cousin. She turned 1 in March of 2012 and I wanted to make her something special, which always means homemade. 

What's your level of sewing experience?
I actually got my sewing machine for Christmas of 2011, so I had only been sewing for a couple of months, although I had been practicing hand stitching for about a year. 
 
How long did it take you?

I started this project in January because my free time is limited. Overall, I would say that I spent about 20 hours on it. (Remember I'm a beginner!) :) 

Did you use any templates?
I didn't use any templates, I just free handed everything. I like this better because then everything is more original. I used felt for most of the project. 

What material are the pages made out of?
The pages are all felt and so are all the letters. 

What other materials did you use?
I did use plastic page protectors for a few of the items in order to protect the pictures I used. I also used a zipper and a few other small details to add some fun.  

How much did all the supplies cost you?
I used mostly scraps for the colored felt, but I had to buy the white felt for the pages. I would estimate the cost between $12-$15 for the whole book. It took more time than money.

How did you bind your quiet book?
I bound my quiet book by stitching the pages together first, then doing 3 eyelets down the side. I used 3 rings to hold the book together. 

What's your favorite page? Why?
My favorite page is definitely the O and P page. The octopus and pig just turned out so cute! I also love the last page though, because that is baby's favorite page. Quiet books are so much fun to make, and they make the most fabulous gifts! 

Come check out craftingwithheart.blogspot.com to see more exciting crafts!

Click here to see Cortney's quiet book on her blog, with more explanations and details. Thank you, Cortney, for sharing your quiet book with us! 


Have you got a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

1 comment: