Saturday, September 15, 2012

Lyndsay's Quiet Books

Today's quiet books were made by Lyndsay, from Our Beautiful Blessings. Lyndsay actually made three quiet books, one for each of her children. She has several really cute and unique pages. I especially love her fireman page!

Ella's Quiet Book




Jack's Quiet Book



Owen's Quiet Book 



Interview

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
My name is Lyndsay - I'm a stay at home mama to my four wonderful blessings and I love to craft!

Who did you make these quiet books for? How old are they?
I made the three quiet books for my kiddos. Owen 5 1/2 - Jack 4 - Ella 2 1/2

What's your level of sewing experience?
I just started sewing about two years ago and am mostly self taught.

How long did it take you?
The first quiet book I did was for my daughter and I couldn't stop sewing I was having so much fun. I literally started it on a Friday afternoon and it was finished on Saturday afternoon. Of course I did sleep! The boys' quiet books took a little bit longer, mainly because I had to look around online and figure out what I was going to do. I have no idea exactly how many hours it took to sew them, but I could guess it took me probably 8-10 hours total for each book. 

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found? 
I did use some templates that I found on Pinterest. Here is the one for Jack's Mr. Potato Head and his Clock Page: Oopsey Daisy 

Here is the one for Owen's Memory Game and Town Page: Sugar Bee Crafts

Here is the one for Ella's Fridge and Plate Page and her Closet and Dressing Page: Sew Can Do

Here is the one for Ella's Flowers and Vase Page: Sew Can Do 

Here is the one for Jack's Mailbox Page: Homemade by Jill

I can't find the site where I got the idea to do Owen's Pirate Page, but mine wasn't exactly like it anyway. As for Jack's Firetruck Page, I Spy Page, and Ella's Scary Lady with the Purse  - I thought of those all on my own.

How did you bind your quiet book?
To bind the books I just used a small hole punch, made two holes in each page, and then hooked them together using binder rings.

What material are the pages made out of?
I made the quiet book out of mainly felt.

What other materials did you use?
I did use things like pipe cleaners, buttons, elastic, rik rack, and yarn.

How much did all the supplies cost you?
I bought the felt in a packaged bunch at Walmart for around $3 and then I spent another $2 for buttons and $2 for the binder rings for the binding. Everything else I had on hand.

What is your favorite page? Why?
My favorite page is the Firetruck Page because I saw it in my mind and it came out exactly like I wanted it to. 

Lyndsay's quiet books can be seen (with more detailed explanations) on her blog here: Ella's book, Jack's book, Owen's book. We'd like to thank you, Lyndsay, for letting us see all of your books!


Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

2 comments: