Monday, October 22, 2012

Magdalena's Quiet Book

Today's quiet book is from Magdalena of The Craft Revival, and it is adorable. As you can see, she used a mixture of machine-sewing and hand-sewing to give the book a lot of detail. Like Magdalena, I think my favorite page is the igloo page; I love the little penguins, the pocket, and the peekaboo front door! So take a look, and enjoy Magdalena's awesome book!



Interview

What's your name? Describe yourself in one sentence.
Magdalena Franco;  creative.

Who did you make this quiet book for? 

It was a custom order for a friend's godson, given to him for his Christening.

How old are they? 

Three months, but the gift was intended as a keepsake.

What's your level of sewing experience? 

Intermediate.
 

How long did it take you?
Hmm, I didn't keep a tally, but I estimate around 12-14 hours across a couple of weeks.

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found?

I sketched some page layouts, transferred them onto tracing paper and used them to cut templates.

How did you bind your quiet book? 

I machine-stitched through the centre of the pages.

What material are the pages made out of? 

Felt.
 

What other materials did you use? 
Assorted cotton and linen fabric scraps and embroidery floss.

How much did all the supplies cost you? 

I was fortunate enough to have everything that I used in this quiet book already on hand.

What's your favorite page? Why? 

The 'I' page, because of the level of interactivity. And let's be honest, how can you go past the cuteness of penguins!

To see more of Magdalena's quiet book (and her other cute crafts!) click here.  Thank you, Magdalena, for sharing your adorable quiet book!


Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

No comments:

Post a Comment