Monday, July 6, 2015

Arahia's Quiet Book

Happy Monday, everybody! Happy Independence Day to all the Americans out there; I hope you had a good holiday weekend.

Today's quiet book comes to us from Michelle of the blog Sew Little Time. It is absolutely adorable and has so many cute pages. She made it for her daughter Arahia, and the cover has her name spelled out in letters that she can velcro on and off. It also has a little felt doll of Arahia, which is just as cute as can be.

The pages inside the book include a Disney princess dress up page, with outfits for Belle, Snow White, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty, and the wardrobe from Beauty and the Beast. Another page has an adorable toadstool (mushroom) house that zippers open to reveal three fairy finger puppets, and a door that opens to show a little gnome. The next page has a flower whose petals have numbers on them, and ladybugs on ribbons with numbers of dots on their backs that correspond to the petals. There's also an awesome cupcake decorating page, clown stacking rings page, owl puzzle page, ballerina shoe lace-up page, Rapunzel hair-braiding page, and a dog page with a collar that buckles. Enjoy!


Interview

What's your name? Describe yourself in one sentence. 
My name is Michelle, I have two beautiful children and I love to craft in my spare time.

Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they? 
This book was made for my daughter, Arahia. She is only 8 months old but my four year old son is currently enjoying it. Although, he does tell me it’s a bit too girly for him.

What's your level of sewing experience? 
I am probably an advanced beginner.

How long did it take you?
This took me a couple of months of mainly sewing during nap times.

Did you use any templates? Where can they be found? 
I copied, adapted and stole most of my ideas of Pinterest. I have tried to list all of these over on my blog: http://craftyexpatmamanz.blogspot.co.nz/

How did you bind your quiet book? 
I bound this book together using eyelets and binder rings.

What material are the pages made out of?
Mainly fabric and felt.

What other materials did you use? 
Lots of bits and pieces from my stash.

How much did all the supplies cost you? 
Probably around $25.

What's your favorite page? Why? 
I love the dress up doll page. I loved all the Disney movies as a child.

To see more pictures of Michelle's quiet book, check it out on her blog: Sew Little Time - Quiet Book Page 1.

Michelle, thank you so much for sharing your super adorable quiet book with us!

 
Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

2 comments: